The High Velocity Edge: Part Four
Introducing Taiichi Ohno's "kanban" and Sakichi Toyoda's "jidoka".
Part four of a nine part series on the 2009 book "The High Velocity Edge" by Steven Spear.
This episode introduces the two pillars of the first capability: design systems to reveal problems. The first pillar is Taiichi Ohno's "kanban", or pull-based, philosophy on system design. The second pillar is Sakichi Toyoda's "jidoka", or self-regulation, philosophy to identify problems when they happen.
- DevOps Email Course
- Project to Product Email Course
- Continuous Improvement Pocket Guide
- War & Peace & IT Pocket Guide
Adam Hawkins' Links
- Episode Transcript
- The High Velocity Edge (book)
- The Story of Sakichi Toyoda
- Biography of Taiichi Ohno
- Discovering Your Way to Greatness: How Finding and Fixing Faults is the Path to Perfection (talk)
Follow @smallbatchesfm on Twitter and tweet me with your comments. Want a topic covered on the show? Then call +1-833-933-1912 and leave your request in a voice mail. Preference goes to to listener requests.
Support the Show!
Subscribe to Small Batches
Show notes and other presents sent to your inbox